At L&T GeoStructure, EHS is given prime importance. Utmost care is taken to ensure the safety of employees, workmen and assets. The safety team comprises 20 qualified personnel, with a structured presence in all clusters and sites.
The management has enunciated policies that emphasize on EHS through structured and well-defined procedures at every stage of construction.
The role of EHS in the organization:
- Commitment of management towards maintaining accident-free workplace to protect all stakeholders
- Creating value in the ground engineering business by integrating EHS standards with the business strategy of the organization
- Promoting positive EHS culture by controlling hazards by effective communication/co-operation between employees and sub-contractors
- Promoting awareness of EHS matters through training and campaigns involving the workforce
- Setting benchmarks to maintain leadership position in EHS implementation in the ground engineering industry and continual improvement of the same
The Quality Management System has been certified to ISO 9001-2008 standard by LRQA (Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance). The certification has been achieved in a very short time the entity is now poised to benchmark quality standards with global players to enhance product quality.