EDRC - the Engineering Development and Research Centres (EDRC) located in Chennai and Kolkata with its multi-disciplinary team of engineers, sophisticated software and hardware provides value-added integrated engineering services for clients across all projects with basic & detailed design and engineering support as part of the comprehensive EPC services as well as on a stand-alone basis.
EDRC's comprehensive engineering capabilities cover
- Piping & Instrumentation diagrams
- Sizing & selection of equipment
- Plant operational philosophy
- Site based design verifications
Mechanical & Utilities
- Plant & Equipment layouts
- Detailed Engineering drawings for Equipment
- Pipe Stress Analysis & Isometrics
- Design of utility & HVAC Systems
- Design of Bulk material handling systems
- Design of Bulk material handling equipment
Controls & Information Systems
- Instrument lists & specifications
- Control & Safety Logic development
- Instrument installation drawings
- Loop schematics
- Power Distribution System Designs
- Load Flow & Short circuit analysis
- Equipment sizing & layouts
- Cable interconnecting schedules
- Raceway layouts
- Earthing & lightening protection design & layouts
Civil, Structural & Architectural
- Site Layout & Geo technical recommendations
- Structural analysis
- Civil and structural Design including development of design drawings
- Foundation drawings
- Architectural drawings
EDRC is certified for ISO: 9001 - 2008 for its operations.
EDRC integrates L&T's in-house strength in design and engineering to provide engineering solutions that ensures the safety of the plant, are construction friendly and meets the highest standards of quality to International standards.
EDRC's advanced engineering resource provides computer aided engineering and simulation facilities. In-house innovative packages are backed by the expertise of its long serving expert leaders coupled with good contingent teams of qualified and skilled engineers, who are key enablers in delivering critical and complex engineering solutions to projects in India as well as in the International arena. EDRC has developed excellent competency in developing layout and detailed drawings using 3D softwares which has improved engineering accuracy significantly. This unique capability facilitates L&T - MMH to undertake projects with a comprehensive responsibility of Engineering, Procurement, Supply and Construction.