L&T Construction's Chennai campus receives 'Excellent Energy Efficient Unit' award from CII
CII-Godrej GBC organized the 16th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2015 on 2nd & 3rd September 2015 at Hyderabad. The objective of the award scheme was to recognize and award Excellence in Energy Management among the commercial / office buildings sector and facilitate sharing of information on best practices and technologies.
247 companies from all parts of the country competed for this award out of which 61 were short-listed and presented their projects before a panel of eminent industry experts. L&T Construction’s Chennai HQ Campus was one among them to receive the prestigious 'Excellent Energy Efficient Unit' along with few other companies.
Mr. K.Parthiban, Head - Facility Management - HQ and Mr. Ganesan Ramamoorthy, Asst. Manager - Facility Management-HQ, represented L&T Construction and received the award from Dr. Ajay Mathur, Director General, Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), a statutory body under Ministry of Power, Government of India.
Highlights of our achievement:
- 4-5% of total energy consumption of HQ- Campus buildings is catered through Roof Top Solar Photovoltaic system installed in the respective building roof tops.
- Reduction in carbon emission up to 10214 tons through Wind-power in the year 2014 when and up to 564 tons through Solar power.
- AR Centre and TCTC building FTL lighting was replaced with LED Lamps which saves approximately 1 lakh units per year.
- Biogas plant at HQ generates 100-120 cum of gas on a daily basis producing 125-150 KWh of power in a day & also produces 100 kg of manure per day.
- By effective utilization HVAC systems 5-6 % of Energy conservation has been achieved.
3 golds for L&T Construction at the ABCI Awards
At the ABCI (Association of Business Communicators of India) Awards in Mumbai, L&T Construction won a rich haul of 3 Golds for two of its in-house magazines and was chiefly responsible for L&T being crowned 'Champion of Champions' with a total tally of 11 awards.
While 'Reaching Out', our CSR magazine, bagged 2 Golds in the 'Tabloid' and 'Environmental Communication', categories, 'ECC News', our employee magazine, won a Gold for its design. Some of the criteria for the awards included clarity of communication, vibrancy of expression and demonstrated success in using media to serve organizational objectives.
The ABCI is the oldest and largest communication bodies in the country and its annual contest attracts keen competition. This year over 120 organizations representing private sector companies, public sector undertakings and communication agencies submitted a whopping 1425 entries across a wide range of categories.